• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Another Non-compete agreement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

LoudRed

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Virginia

I am presently working as a contract Source Inspector. I work for a company based in California. I was brought on by my employer, Company "S" to represent their client, Company "H" at company "H's" supplier, Company "G".

After working for the past 3+ months, company "G" interviewed me for a Quality Engineer position, and subsequently offered me a QE position pending an approved background investigation.

In the registration agreement I signed with Company "S", there is a non-compete clause that reads:

Associate will not, during the term of this agreement, or for one year following the termination of this agreement, compete with "Company 'S'" in offering similar services that are in direct or indirect competition with "Company 'S'", to this Client and/or their suppliers to which Associate has been assigned to perform services.

If Client makes intentions known to Associate regarding possible hire, Associate is required to contact "Company 'S'" with details privy to hire.

I have two questions. First, is a QE position considered to be competing either directly or indirectly with the Source Inspector position? And second, since it is the supplier, and not the Client, making the offer, do I need to make the "details privy to hire" know to Company "S"?

I should mention that a replacement source inspector has been lined up to replace me, and that the QE position would not be responsible for any of Company "H's" products.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Rather than retype it, please read my last response to BoyHowdy elsewhere on this forum.

L

LoudRed

I understand what you are saying. And thank you, but when I asked exactly what part of the contract (registration agreement) they thought was "in conflict", what I posted (actually the first paragraph only) is what they told me. Again, thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">