• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CHILD CUSTODY?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

AKP

I HAVE A DAUGHTER WHO IS NOW 2 1/2 YEARS OLD. I STARTED RECIEVING CHILD SUPPORT A FEW MONTHS AGO. THERE ARE NO CHILD CUSTODY PAPERS DRAWN UP, AND I CAN'T REALLY AFFORD ANY AT THIS TIME. HER DAD SKIPS OUT ON WEEKENDS AND IS NEVER CAUGHT UP ON CHILD SUPPORT. MY QUESTION IS: I WILL BE MOVING IN WITH MY BOYFRIEND, WHO I HAVE BEEN DATING FOR A YEAR NOW, WHAT KIND OF FIRE COULD I BE STARTING? AND CAN HE DENY HER LIVING THERE WITH ME?

LegalBeagle

He can not deny you.. but he could just keep the child and not return them. Without court orders it would be harder to pursue.

You need to file custody papers.. and now.

S

Skorpio

Did you tell the Father that you were going to move in with your BF? What did he say to that?

Did you tell him that you were going to Start a Custody/Visitation Schedule with him? (If I may suggest, file the paperwork first) Then let him know that the two of you need to sit down and put something in writing. Do alot of COMPROMISING and make sure there are no "loop holes"

No, he can't tell you where to live because there are no papers, as LB stated. Either way, I'd file the paperwork 1st! This way he can't go behind your back and take the child.

Good luck!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">