• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Support Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Pony1

Hi. I live in CA.
I'm going to have child support calculated pretty soon for me to pay, per my request. We are going to move to a 2 bedroom apartment as soon as visitation is established, so that my child will have his own room, and the rent will be twice as much as it is now. Also, we have bought him a whole new entire wardrobe, etc. Does this significant increase in rent and other expenses get factored into the child support calculation? Shouldn't it be? I'd love your opinion. Thanks.

LegalBeagle

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pony1:
Hi. I live in CA.
I'm going to have child support calculated pretty soon for me to pay, per my request. We are going to move to a 2 bedroom apartment as soon as visitation is established, so that my child will have his own room, and the rent will be twice as much as it is now. Also, we have bought him a whole new entire wardrobe, etc. Does this significant increase in rent and other expenses get factored into the child support calculation? Shouldn't it be? I'd love your opinion. Thanks.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I do not know CA guidelines very well but most states calculations are worked out on your Net income.. yes, you can put all your expenses down on the Financial Affidavit and it may make a difference if you ask to deviate from the standard guidelines... but, in most cases the Net Income is the figure that counts.

------------------
Psst... I do not work for Macdonald’s or Burger King, and even if I did, I would not tell you. For sloppy bread, tired tomatoes, frozen onions, watered down mayonnaise and imitation meat, please find a drive through window with a person who openly admits they make that stuff.

My advice above is equal to the advice they would give if you asked that person a legal question.

S

Skorpio

I am in CA as well. What my attorney has stated to me is that the income and expense declaration is mainly to see what amount each month you make and how you spend it. the support amount is based off of your income. Nothing else matters.

You may want to talk to an attorney in your area.

Skorpio
This is my personal experience and is only my personal experience.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">