• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Two different states two different custody orders

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Debra Traw

My ex husband filed for divorce in oregon on a do it your self kit. I was served. almost a year ago. I phoned oregon and also called a lawyer . They both told me there was no court date at that time pending and I would be notified of it. Did not happen. I found out as of yesterday I was divoriced and he had sole custody. Two of my children have been living with me and going to school here for going on 4 yrs. one child lives with him.whom I have not had visitation or anything else with for 7 yrs now.I have paid child support for the last 9 yrs. He has never had to pay a dime.no matter what I do. Now I am told he has filed something to take my kids back. I have not recieved it yet and I am seeing my lawyer on this. I want to know how I can let the kids stay here until they can go before a judge and say where they want to be. My daughter is 17 and son is 14 in november. please anyone who can help me please with any advice or any thing else I would really be thankful.

S

Skorpio

I am surprised that no one has answered this. But it sounds like you need to Appeal this decision. And fast! Seek an Appellate attorney and go to court.

Good Luck

Skorpio

LegalBeagle

I did not answer it because I hate answering a question with 'You need to see an attorney'. Some questions can not be answered here because of the complexity and variables involved and the only way to even get started is by seeing all the orders / timelines / documentation etc.. and then getting court details and orders from all the 'missing' items.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">