• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbor erecting 25ft. structure

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

AZadvneeded

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Arizona

We live on the fairway of a golf course. The next door neighbor has erected a 25 ft. netting in her back yard on 3 different angles. There is nothing illegal about the new structure as it does not encroach on the property line. This tall netting directly faces our house and blocks a forrested view.

As I am trying to remain a good neighbor, I don't want to cause any problems with her. My goal isn't to try to get this structure down (nothing illegal about the property line, the view obstruction is questionable), but rather figure out how this will affect me as far as property values. I realize no one on this board is able to assess the value of my home, and how much it may or may not depreciate, but is there a possibility of golf netting on 25 ft. poles adversely affecting the value of a neighbors home?

nextwife

Only an appraiser knowledgeable about your area can put a dollar value on the obstruction.

I sure can't tell you - I'm one you couldn't pay to live on a golf course (my summer passion is gardening and I'm puttering :p about my yard all the time). Wouldn't want to be always worried about getting bonked by stray balls or having them toppling my hollyhocks and delphinium!

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">