• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sex for a Fee...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

Photographer123

What is the name of your state? Massachusetts

I know this is going to sound rather hard to believe, but it is the truth...

The other day I picked up an attractive young lady walking down the street. I knew she was a prostitute, I have used them before as models for my photography (they work much cheaper than regular models). We turned down a street, and a police cruiser was coming down a side street. Apparently he had recognized the girl, and he pulled us over. I know for sure that he never saw her get into my car.
I explained the situation to the officer, and even produced my business card and camera as evidence to support my story. But he refused to believe me, and insisted that I had picked her up to engage in some type of sexual conduct. He placed me in the back of his cruiser and continued to try to get me to confess to committing a crime for about an hour. Eventually he let me go and gave me two BS traffic citations. The girl he let go about 15 minutes prior. He also told me that I would be receiving a summons in the mail for Sex for a fee.

Now I know that using prostitutes as models may not be the wisest thing, but it's also not illegal. I even have them all sign notorized release forms.
I would certainly have no problem proving in court that I have used prostitutes as models in the past, as I have plenty of pictures of them.

But just receiving a summons in the mail at all will cause some serious problems for me. Can they actually summons me to court for this? Or was the officer just trying to scare me. I really can't see how they would have enough evidence to bring charges against me. There was certainly no sexual conduct nor any exchange of money made.

Did he even have probable cause to stop me and hold me for an hour just because he saw her in my car? He was sure to tell me that I wasn't under arrest "yet", but I was also certainly not free to go since I was locked in the back of his cruiser. He also never read me my rights while he was questioning me and trying to get me to admit to a crime for an hour.

CdwJava

Yes, he had cause to stop you. Yes, it's not wise to be using prostitutes for photos. Yes, you can get a summons to court. It's iffy on the Miranda issue ... but if he can't use what you said against you, there is likely no "harm" there since the remedy would be to suppress an incriminating statement.

And will they be able to convict you? Questionable ... but possible. But, if you could show that you had done this in the past (and NOT had sex with them AFTER the photo shoot), then it might work.

I must say, it IS an interesting line. If it's a dodge, it would certainly win points for originality in my book.

Carl

stephenk

"The other day I picked up an attractive young lady walking down the street. I knew she was a prostitute"

attractive streetwalker? sure buddy.

CdwJava

stephenk said:
Where I used to work in southern California we had them ... we called them 'Men' ... in drag. (aka "He-Shes"")

Carl

P

Photographer123

stephenk said:
"The other day I picked up an attractive young lady walking down the street. I knew she was a prostitute"

It's quite true, certainly they required a little "touching up". But than, so does any model. Lighting is everything. I wish I could show you some examples of my work, but as it seems I may be needing them as evidence to save my life soon it probably wouldn't be a good idea. I'm sure you'd be very surprised, no one has ever suspected the true origins of my models. I'm also told by the girls that this type of thing is a lot more comon than you'd think.

VR_Hunter

stephenk said:

I've been to Cali and there ARE some attractive hookers. Come to think of it, there were attractive hookers in Singapore, Turkey, Germany, Italy, Japan, Korea, many different parts of the USA, etc, etc, etc. Oh, and not a one of them had any tackle. Check the package before you get cozy. Some of their stories are pretty amusing too. And before anybody gets tense, I don't care what you think about my extra carricular activities so post if you wish, but it will fall on "deaf ears" so to speak/type.

To Photo:
Next time be more careful. Prostitution is illegal. Our society does not like it, other societies don't have a problem with it. However; we live in the USA and we must abide by the laws that are set forth. Good luck and I hope you avoid a conviction. Wish I could see some of those photos. :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">