• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Calculating Child Support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Sarah65

We are divorcing. How do I figure out what the amount of Child Support due from my ex-husband on our child? He earns $100,000 per year (possibly more...I am suspicious of some unreported income). I grossed $9,000 in 1999 and I will probably earn about $15,000 in 2000. (The reason my salary is so low is because I just started a new career after having stayed home for 10 years raising our son.)

The state is NY. We will have Joint Custody but our son will live with me.

S

Sarah65

I don't have an attorney yet. I don't even have the money for one. I am going to have to borrow it from my family. My ex has cleaned out the bank accounts and with my measly salary, I have to buy food and pay the electric bill. So in the meantime, I was wondering what my child was entitled to?

Also, can the child support issue be decided NOW, rather than later with the other divorce issues? I ask this because I could really use that money right now.

D

DDKKAADDKKAA

I AM NOT SURE WHAT CHILD SERVICES DOES BUT I AM IN PA AND WE GO TO THE COUNTY COURTHOUSE AND FILE AT DOMESTIC RELATIONS. THEY USUALLY TAKE A WEEK OR MORE TO GET AN INITIAL APPOINTMENT AND THEN MAYBE 2 OR SO MONTHS TO GET A CONFERENCE. I BROUGHT MY LAWYER TO THE CONFERENCE BUT AM NOT SURE IF YOU HAVE TO OR NOT. DOES NOT HURT TO CALL THEM AND ASK AND IT DOESN'T COST TO MAKE A CALL. TO FILE IT COSTS 25.00 IN PA. HOPE ALL WORKS WELL. DJ

T

Tigres

This site will give you a 'rough' idea. Plug in your numbers and presto!
http://www.divorcelawinfo.com/states/ny/cal/NYCSC.html

Tig

------------------
I am not a lawyer. Any information relayed is merely my own experience or research.
In Egypt, Cats were once worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this.

"PRINCESS, HAVING HAD SUFFICIENT EXPERIENCE WITH PRINCES,SEEKS FROG."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">