• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Suspended from taking driving test

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Svetlin

Hi,

I am an international student from Bulgaria, Europe and currently reside in Whittier, CA. This year I decided to get a driving license and a car because Los Angeles is a huge city to get around. This summer I was in Florida for an internship and decided to take the license here. I took the driving test 5 times but failed all of them (I was in a hurry to get the license and took the test in the first week after I get into a car and I wasn't very experienced driver). Upon the first try they said I am suspended for 1 year of getting a driving license. My question is the following:

As I have taken the test in Florida and I am a California resident could I take the driving test there after I come back or the suspension will be shown and valid in California. I am not sure whether I could do that if I could send a letter to DMV explaining to them about my situation because I acted really foolish to try taking the exam without practising enough and failing it 5 times in 1 week.

Please let me know if you have any information on this issue. I would appreciate it a lot.

Thank you very much for your time and I will be looking forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,

Svetlin Staev
Whittier College, CA

Last edited:

BelizeBreeze

Get a bus pass. The minute you try in Calif. they will have the information from Florida.

Oh, and either sell the car or plant flowers. It's useless.

VR_Hunter

If you want to drive in the USA, then pay for a drivers training course. After you have successfully finished that course, then see what DMV will do for you. In the mean time, keep your butt out from behind the wheel and off the road. Your more dangerous than a drunk driver.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">