• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Suspension from employment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mideka

New York State

I was suspended from my job due to a confidentiality issue and want to know what the process is as far as termination or re-instatement.

The letter I receive stated "suspended pending outcome of legal issues".

I don't know what to do next.

Can anyone help?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
You wait.

There is no standard process that the company is required to follow. It appears that they are conducting an investigation. When that is concluded (it could be tomorrow or it could be a month from now, depending) they will contact you as to your status.

If you have not heard from them within a reasonable length of time, you are free to contact them and ask for an update.

M

mideka

suspension from employment

NEW YORK STATE

Another question - Once suspended, is an employer obligated to tell you your status before they start looking for a replacement?

I found out they have already told staff they are looking for someone to replace me, but I have not been officially told anything yet.

Beth3

Once suspended, is an employer obligated to tell you your status before they start looking for a replacement?
No.

Since your employer hasn't yet told you anything first hand, what a third party told you may or may not be accurate. You are free to you call your employer and ask for an update on your status.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">