• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wiped Out

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

U

upsidedown2

Maryland

I have been charged with fraud in federal court. Stemming from contracts that were issued through a federal agency. All work was completed and the contracts were completed. When I was charged, my assets were frozen and a dollar amount in the case was set. Once the lawyer found out that I had more money in the bank than they originally thought, they added more charges to cover all the money that I had, eventhough I can show that the money in the bank stemmed from other things and had nothing to do with the case. The lawyer I currently have sent in a request to the judge to hear a motion to unfreeze a portion of my funds. The lawyer states that after 2 months, he still has not heard a response back from the judge. Is there anything I can do to get a hearing on this?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">