• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

old support issues

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Johnny Z

My father deserted my brother, sister and myself in 1960 and fled the state (PA) to avoid child support. He subsequently remarried and has 4 children. In 1999 one of his daughters contacted me (first contact since 1960) and told me that they wanted a reunion. This was arranged and my wife and I moved here to be close to them. Since arriving here, we have been subjected to all sorts of abuse because they believe that I am her to steal his 'fortune'. Further, he publicly claims that he paid child support (we lived on welfare or on the charity of relatives). He has also claimed that he is not really my father, that he wasonly one of several possiblities. This is not true!

I am not so much interested in 40 year old child support as I am in clearing my mother's (dead 20 years) name and getting the truth out. They have threatened me, my wife, my job, all manner of nonsense.

Do I have anby sort of legal basis for a lawsuit?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">