• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Visitation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Ria

My ex and I have Joint custody with Me as the custodial parent in NY. My problem is kind of long,
My ex is supposed to take the kids every other weekend and 3 weeks in the summer. He rarely takes them, He calls 2 days before he actually does try . They are in counsiling because of the times he just didn't bother to show and MANY empty promises. (the girls are 7&4) Now he moved in with the new girlfriend who has 4 kids and does not have custody of them( I don't know why) He will not give me his new Address. He wasn't going to give me the # but I told him if he didnt I would call his boss. (he,works a civilan job and is is the reserves)so he finally gave it to me.My question is can I say no when he calls for the girls ...(its coming up to the 2 month mark of not seeing them so he will try soon.)I am not comfortable with this whole situation plus they come back emotionally damanged. (I left because of DV towards me.)I really would perfer him to just go away but I know that won't happen because they are his "property" as he says.Do I have the legal right to keep them from him due to the lack of consistancy ? and or because of the girlfriends loss of custody( I know this is true because he told me after I asked him but he will not tell me why) any advice would be welcome!
ps the childrens psychologist said he would recommend the father lose visitation due to the lack of interest he has.

LegalBeagle

Just a quickie cos I am in a rush.. but if he refused to give his address, then that is grounds enough to deny visitation.

R

Ria

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My ex and I have Joint custody with Me as the custodial parent in NY. My problem is kind of long,
My ex is supposed to take the kids every other weekend and 3 weeks in the summer. He rarely takes them, He calls 2 days before he actually does try . They are in counsiling because of the times he just didn't bother to show and MANY empty promises. (the girls are 7&4) Now he moved in with the new girlfriend who has 4 kids and does not have custody of them( I don't know why) He will not give me his new Address. He wasn't going to give me the # but I told him if he didnt I would call his boss. (he,works a civilan job and is is the reserves)so he finally gave it to me.My question is can I say no when he calls for the girls ...(its coming up to the 2 month mark of not seeing them so he will try soon.)I am not comfortable with this whole situation plus they come back emotionally damanged. (I left because of DV towards me.)I really would perfer him to just go away but I know that won't happen because they are his "property" as he says.Do I have the legal right to keep them from him due to the lack of consistancy ? and or because of the girlfriends loss of custody( I know this is true because he told me after I asked him but he will not tell me why) any advice would be welcome!
ps the childrens psychologist said he would recommend the father lose visitation due to the lack of interest he has.
IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)

oops I read the disclaimer after I posted :(
I guess I am asking for advice on what I should do. And do you think its wrong to tell the father no?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">