• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Malpractice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

irishgirl38

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Virginia, In May of this year I entered a very prestigious hospital in Baltimore Md for a biopsy of my left lung. The surgery to be performed was called VATS which is very non-invasive, I was also to have a broncoscopy. I was to spend 1-2 days in the hospital, probably 1 day in ICU because I would have a chest tube, the surgery was to take about 2 hours. During the surgery my windpipe was cut. The doctor told my daughter that he did feel some resistance when he inserted the broncoscope but went ahead with it. A second surgery had to be perfomed to repair my windpipe. I have probably a 8 inch incision going down my back from this. I woke up in ICU still tubed, not able to move in any way with 4 chest tubes in me. I never thought I would live. The pain & suffering my family and I went through was unbelieveable. I spent 10 days in the hospital and just now almost 10 weeks after surgery I am starting to feel myself again. Everyone in the hospital knew a mistake had been made including the doctors who kept apologizing to me. I may not have any long term effects from this but I don't know. I constantly feel there is a lump in my throat and what happens if I have to be tubed again, the thought scares me to death. I know the doctor didn't mean to hurt me but he did. Is this a malpractice case. Thank you.

bisto

irishgirl38 said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Virginia, In May of this year I entered a very prestigious hospital in Baltimore Md for a biopsy of my left lung. The surgery to be performed was called VATS which is very non-invasive, I was also to have a broncoscopy. I was to spend 1-2 days in the hospital, probably 1 day in ICU because I would have a chest tube, the surgery was to take about 2 hours. During the surgery my windpipe was cut. The doctor told my daughter that he did feel some resistance when he inserted the broncoscope but went ahead with it. A second surgery had to be perfomed to repair my windpipe. I have probably a 8 inch incision going down my back from this. I woke up in ICU still tubed, not able to move in any way with 4 chest tubes in me. I never thought I would live. The pain & suffering my family and I went through was unbelieveable. I spent 10 days in the hospital and just now almost 10 weeks after surgery I am starting to feel myself again. Everyone in the hospital knew a mistake had been made including the doctors who kept apologizing to me. I may not have any long term effects from this but I don't know. I constantly feel there is a lump in my throat and what happens if I have to be tubed again, the thought scares me to death. I know the doctor didn't mean to hurt me but he did. Is this a malpractice case. Thank you.[/QUOTe

I take it you want money. "The pain and suffering caused to me and my family was terrible" - I'm nearly in tears reading this.
Sue them if you want. As stated over and over again you can sue anyone for anything. Doctor's and dentists are used to being dragged through court and ripped off for emotional damaged caused.
Soon there will be no doctors because they will all give up because of all regular court dates they have to keep.
Have yo ever made a mistake?
Get a lawyer, put a case together and sue.

ellencee

irishgirl38
I researched VATS (video assisted thoracic surgery) and bronchoscopy on the web to make sure the information was available for you and any other reader who is interested. The risks of VATS and the risks of bronchoscopy, though small in percentage of overall patient procedures, occur in 5% and 1% of procedures, respectively.

You suffered no more than the known associated risks of each procedure. As long as the surgeon(s) and, or other physician(s) took care to minimize the risks, then you will not be able to prove that your damages are due to negligence. The apologies by the MDs are not an admission of guilt or negligence or that an error caused any complication. Most likely, the apologies were sincere statements, 'I'm sorry that you had to endure this'.

Your recovery time is normal and your current level of discomfort is also normal.

Best wishes,
EC

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">