• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child visitation modification

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

scared in atlanta

I am so scared. I go to court tomorrow for a temporary hearing to modify my ex-husbands visitation and I don't know what will happen. My ex-husband has again been arrested for drug trafficking (about 6 different ones and things I have never heard about)He has spent about 4 months in jail this time along with 21/2 years in prison for the first offense. I still cannot believe that they let him bond out. Now he wants to see our daughter. It broke her heart when he called her and told her he was in jail and I can't see putting her through that again when he goes back to prison. I am so tired of my daughter getting hurt.Sometimes I think that the courts don't really care what the child is going through because they are so intent on non custodial parent rights. What right does anyone have to hurt their child? To make all kinds of promises and then not keep them? He talks to her about everything that is going on in this dispute and I don't believe that a 7 year old child can understand or that a child should be told that her mom is trying to take her away from her dad and I feel so powerless. If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">