• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

A 1 Felony Please Help!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bebelleza71704

What is the name of your state? New York City

My husband has been charged/ indicted with a A1 Felony for possession of 6 ounces of cocaine. He was currently on parole for a previous arm robbery felony. He had only been on parole for 18 months on a 5 yr parole. He was stopped on July 17, 2004 for speeding. Detectives asked him for his papers and stood there looking at him. Then asked him to get out the car. Padded him down and then they searched his car without a warrant or cause. They discovered the 6 ounces in the back seat. Very deep inside one of the back seats. Now he is being held at manhattan house detention center. Please someone one tell me what to expect. Right now I am so scared and confused. I just don't know. All I keep hearing is that he might get 15 to life. I am devastated. Please someone help me. I am in NYC

Is there any drug court, shock program, home arrest bracelet, life parole, that he could possibly be offered.

Doesn't the illegal search and seizure apply to him?

Please your help is appreciated.

Shay-Pari'e

They had proboble cause to search him, for the simple fact that he is a "X-Con" on parole. No one has a crystal ball, but what I can say, is he is definitely going away. Six oz. is alot of coke. To bad he didn't learn his lesson.

Last edited:

Happy Trails

Well that will be good for him. Now he'll have the chance to clean his nose up. My crystal ball says he will be going away for a long time.

You really need to scrape up all your money together, sell what you have to sell, and get him a lawyer. But...even if he gets off the hook this time, you can bet he will wind up getting caught again. How many times are you going to go through this with him ?

Happy Trails

BeenAround said:
You really need to scrape up all your money together, sell what you have to sell, and get him a lawyer. But...even if he gets off the hook this time, you can bet he will wind up getting caught again.
**They can't sell what they have to sell the police have it now. Anything over an ounce is BIG TROUBLE.

BeenAround said:
How many times are you going to go through this with him ?
**As long as he keeps bringing home the nose candy.

Shay-Pari'e

BeenAround said:
You really need to scrape up all your money together, sell what you have to sell, and get him a lawyer. But...even if he gets off the hook this time, you can bet he will wind up getting caught again. How many times are you going to go through this with him ?

(QUOTE)He was currently on parole for a previous arm robbery felony. He had only been on parole for 18 months on a 5 yr parole.(QUOTE)

Why scrape up every penny for a lawyer? I don't understand your logic.

Yes, it's totally illogical to get a top notch lawyer to try to reduce the severity of the potential sentencing. There are some lawyers out there who can really pull off a miracle, but of course, you need big dough ! :p

Last edited:
A

adesire2Bhappy

BeenAround said:
There are some lawyers out there who can really pull off a miracle, but of course, you need big dough ! :p
Or maybe just maybe he can hook the lawyer up with his supplier. you know exchange some coke for money....you never know it just might work. :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">