• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question About A Co-worker

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

Ladyanne

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Ohio

I did not know which forum to choose for my question so this may not be the correct one. I have a co-worker who is keeping a sort of log about my activities at work. I am a transcriptionist and she has a paper that shows which transcription jobs I have done, what time I got them, if I am taking them in order or not and what time the job was completed. She is not my supervisor, just a co-worker. Are co-workers allowed to keep logs like this about each other ? I have been told by others that she is responsible for getting the girl before me fired and I am concerned about losing my job. Thank you.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Ladyanne said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Ohio

I did not know which forum to choose for my question so this may not be the correct one. I have a co-worker who is keeping a sort of log about my activities at work. I am a transcriptionist and she has a paper that shows which transcription jobs I have done, what time I got them, if I am taking them in order or not and what time the job was completed. She is not my supervisor, just a co-worker. Are co-workers allowed to keep logs like this about each other ? I have been told by others that she is responsible for getting the girl before me fired and I am concerned about losing my job. Thank you.

My response:

She can write, and keep a log, of whatever she wants. It's called the First Amendment.

IAAL

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
For the record, if she were working for me, I'd tell her to cut it out - that what you did was none of her business.

However, if your employer has no objection to her collecting this information, there is nothing in the law that is going to stop her. It's strictly a matter of company policy.

Why don't you keep a log on her as well ? Also, keep your own log about your work so you can dispute her claims if you have to.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">