• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

"Modifying Custody in Texas???"

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Tammy Martin

Does anyone know anything regarding Texas Law?? If so, can you tell me if the following could be reason enough to modify custody??

1.) The GP (joint managing conservators) only allow me to visit with my 2 children every 3rd Saturday morning from 9am to 12pm, under their supervision. Whereas, when these papers were first signed, I was allowed to see them anytime, pick them up when I wanted to, there were no limitations.

2.) They agreed to support my children until I could get up on my feet, and now I am engaged (marriage Oct. 2, 2000), we have a home that is paid for, and 2 vehicles that are paid for. I work within 5 minutes of my home, and the school that my daughter would be attending is 3 blocks from my home.

LegalBeagle

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tammy Martin:
Does anyone know anything regarding Texas Law?? If so, can you tell me if the following could be reason enough to modify custody??

1.) The GP (joint managing conservators) only allow me to visit with my 2 children every 3rd Saturday morning from 9am to 12pm, under their supervision. Whereas, when these papers were first signed, I was allowed to see them anytime, pick them up when I wanted to, there were no limitations.

2.) They agreed to support my children until I could get up on my feet, and now I am engaged (marriage Oct. 2, 2000), we have a home that is paid for, and 2 vehicles that are paid for. I work within 5 minutes of my home, and the school that my daughter would be attending is 3 blocks from my home.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, you have enough to petition the courts for custody. You need an attorney though.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">