• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

IAAL or anyone else who knows laws

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

BMR in VA

As brief as I can, I have had sole custody of child since birth (6 yrs now). Married for 4 months to abusive ex. Five years with present husband. Awarded custody in VA but lived mostly in FL w/child. Ex never got over my leaving him and has threatened and harassed me for 6 yrs now for spuring his advances. Since returning to VA for present husband's employment (agreed to 2 yrs, even though returning to VA made me sick to my stomach). I initiated contact w/bio dad and son since I thought it would be healthy for son to know bio dad's family. When he started coming home in state of neglect, I tried for almost a year to confront bio dad on this, only resulting in the spewing of vulgarities by him and more threats.SS didn't see it as a "priority case" and didn't step in, so pediatrician gave advice on how to treat problems since no one could stop the neglect. After the last threat,I did what local authorities instructed-protective order, ammend reasonable visitation-it blew up. I couldn't communicate with bio or his family for 6 months because they would only intimidate and threaten when I would try to arrange visits, then we went to court and the judge wouldn't listen to me AT ALL, practically handed my child over to the bio on a platter (2 weekends per month, thanksgiving AND christmas???) calling me a hysterical, overprotective mother (I hadn't even shed a tear or spoken a word yet) because my attorney asked to "terminate visitation". Now bio is filing to take my baby away (full custody) saying I "alienated" him? What kind of mother would I be if I handed my child over to a man I was accusing of neglect as he was continuing to threaten and harass me? And he never wanted him in the first place (not that my child will EVER hear that) I felt I was doing the best I could to protect him. Now I am told I was wrong? We have provided the best of everything for my child (and bio is over $3K in arrears) and provide a nice,desirable,loving,stable home. I believe bio is doing this to stop us from moving home (FL) before our family starts dying off and to keep me close to him now that I am here. Please tell me that he can't REALLY take my baby. I am a stay-at-home mother, my child is my life, it's all I know how to do. I cannot breathe.

T

Try this

Your attorney should have told you that you have a certain amount of time to Appeal the Decision. Appeal it and show as much evidence as you can. It is my opinion that you seek new counsel (REPUTABLE)as well.

Good Luck, I hate jealous X's!!

This is my opinion and should be seen as just that.

B

BMR in VA

I am sorry, I failed to mention that the horrid judge is refusing to finalize the visitation order, until he reviews it at the end of January. Therefore, I cannot appeal. Until then, my child is still subjected to unspeakable filth and neglect and also coherced to tears until he complies with saying "yes, mommy told me to say (whatever the father says)" i.e. "yes, mommy told me to say you said the bad words on the phone to her" when actually the child witnessed in horror the screaming of vulgarities and threats on the speakerphone and answering machine by the bio father before we could stop it or get him out of the room (yes it is on tape, and NO it is not permissable in court). I don't think he remembers the beatings I took while holding him as a baby in my arms, but I think children are smarter than we give them credit for.He has formed his own definite opinion of the bio from being around him-we do not encourage any negativity towards bio father or even discuss him but the one time, for fear that I will appear to be "alienating" the bio dad-which is his only defense in trying to take away my child.

B

BMR

IAAL or anyone, I don't have much time and the lawyers are taking theirs. Does anyone have any real information or links they know might help?

LegalBeagle

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BMR:
Please guys, any advice would be taken seriously. Please.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wish I could help.. but it really does look like you either need to kick your attorney to act or get another one. I suggest you call around and speak to some other attorneys and see what they have to say.

Continue to document everything.. have no unrecorded conversations with these people..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">