• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Filming Suicide

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Dynastol

I am a film student in Los Angeles. I am planning to shoot a film about a doumentarian following a suicidal man from his first preparations to the final act. What legal problems would the documentarian face? How could he hope to a. not go to jail and b. be able to sell his film to tv stations, either in the US or abroad?

Happy Trails

Dynastol said:
I am a film student in Los Angeles. I am planning to shoot a film about a doumentarian following a suicidal man from his first preparations to the final act. What legal problems would the documentarian face? How could he hope to a. not go to jail and b. be able to sell his film to tv stations, either in the US or abroad?
First off, I can't answer you on a legal stand point. But morally, how can you think to profit off of somebody's death, when clearly they need medical treatment. Don't let the L.A. smog get to your head.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Dynastol said:

My response:

If you were my student, I'd fail you if you brought me such a film. Not because of what the documentary is about, and what it depicts, but because it's been done before.

See the "documentary" called "Faces of Death".

IAAL

CdwJava

Dynastol said:
Personally, I think that's simply foul.

Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">