• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MissBeck

Hi, I have a real-estate (property)issue.
I live in Menasha, Wisconsin.
My husband and I bought a home three years ago that is adjacent to a
woods area behind us and an open field to the left and in front of our home.
We bought the house on our own with no realestate agency involved. We knew that eventually the Owner of the field area would eventually want to develop it. He came over the other day and went thru our yard to determine where the lot line is. We were shocked to find out that the gravel road which is our driveway and has a street sign on it, isn't ours.Even part of the blacked top leading into our garage is on "His" property. We did not know this it wasn't divulged to us when we bought the home by the previous owners or the title company. He "the Owner" said he is in the early stages of talking with a engineer and land surveyor to come up with ideas on developing this large area. Our driveway-road is very close to our home and this concerns us we don't want to get him angry but what leagal rights do we have if any?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">