• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

IAAL an FYI

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

newcomer2000

I read your court order post and found a little whoops.
When little Ricky comes back, it's Desi that gets hit with the papers, not poor little Ricky. He's been through enough.
Right? Just thought you would appreciate a little constructive criticism.

N

newcomer2000

LegalBeagle:

You have managed once again to crack me up!
After reading the flaming posts. I've come away with two things. One; an appreciation for my fellow Wendy's lovers, ( the other two pale in comparison) and the need to use supreme caution in whatever I say or do from this point on. I leave for NY on Sunday and one of the first things I am going to do is find a lawyer and proceed carefully. I don't want to come back to OR, but there's much more to consider than what I want. This board is chock full of humor and advice. Both of which are not lost on most of us here.
If you know of any good family law attorneys in the Syracuse, NY area, let me know how I could contact them.

N

newcomer2000

IAAL

That's a very colorful, uplifting story. My daughter loves the circus, as seen in Barney Goes to the Circus (she's two).
Anyway, what you wrote has so much to do with why I'm going through what I am. Creating happy memories to look back on and smile. They are few and far between these days. Thanks for yours.

Newcomer2000

LegalBeagle

You have managed once again to crack me up!

I aim to please.. miss most of the time as my aim gets worse with age..

After reading the flaming posts. I've come away with two things. One; an appreciation for my fellow Wendy's lovers, ( the other two pale in comparison)

Oh, give me a Wendy's and a bright star to guide me and I am a happy guy.. I think the poster I replied to did not like my joke as you did..

and the need to use supreme caution in whatever I say or do from this point on.

It is the best free advice you will ever get with regards to this.. You have to watch every step of the way.. unless your ex has no money in which case you can walk all over him.

I leave for NY on Sunday and one of the first things I am going to do is find a lawyer and proceed carefully.

I hope all goes well.. just remember though, do not tie up your money in a NY attorney until you have achieved residency and there is no action back in OR. You need to have things ready to defend any filing in OR first!

I don't want to come back to OR, but there's much more to consider than what I want.

You can not be forced to return back to OR. Have you informed the father ?

This board is chock full of humor and advice.

When you chat with someone, you slowly build up the situation in your head and slowly start to realise what is going one.. when someone posts a 30 line dump of the last 5 years of their life it can sometimes have a big impact on the reader. Times that by many and that is what the regulars intake each week. Humor is my release, if this board had none, I would not stay.

If you know of any good family law attorneys in the Syracuse, NY area, let me know how I could contact them.

Isn't the lovely Hilary an attorney ?

:)

------------------
Psst... I do not work for Macdonald’s or Burger King, and even if I did, I would not tell you. For sloppy bread, tired tomatoes, frozen onions, watered down mayonnaise and imitation meat, please find a drive through window with a person who openly admits they make that stuff.

My advice above is equal to the advice they would give if you asked that person a legal question.

N

newcomer2000

It is the best free advice you will ever get with regards to this.. You have to watch every step of the way.. unless your ex has no money in which case you can walk all over him.

No, he has no money. He has been walking all over me for years, I think it's time to dig my Timberland's out of the closet!

I hope all goes well.. just remember though, do not tie up your money in a NY attorney until you have achieved residency and there is no action back in OR. You need to have things ready to defend any filing in OR first!

I expect a nasty fight, are you saying I will need an attorney in Oregon?

I don't want to come back to OR, but there's much more to consider than what I want.

You can not be forced to return back to OR. Have you informed the father ?

Yes, but he thinks he can bully me into staying with him. My daughter is everything to me. He knows that, and he is playing on my fears of losing her. He is happy with me stuck here and truly believes I have no other options.

it can sometimes have a big impact on the reader. Times that by many and that is what the regulars intake each week. Humor is my release, if this board had none, I would not stay.

Point well taken. There is something special here in this little corner of cyberspace. I have read some very moving posts in here. I come away with hope. Knowledge is power. And power can change people's lives. You are an integral part of that. Don't take the bad so hard. There's a lot of good in here. Just go back several pages and reflect. There are heartfelt emotions here and it's a positive, uplifting experience.

Isn't the lovely Hilary an attorney ?

Ugh. Let's just hope good wins out over evil and that's all I'm gonna say.
:)

[/B][/QUOTE]

[This message has been edited by newcomer2000 (edited September 28, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by newcomer2000 (edited September 28, 2000).]

N

newcomer2000

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by newcomer2000:
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LegalBeagle

No, he has no money. He has been walking all over me for years, I think it's time to dig my Timberland's out of the closet!

Ding ding.. round one to newcomer2000 !!

I expect a nasty fight, are you saying I will need an attorney in Oregon?

If he files papers in OR before you get residency in NY then yes, you will have to defend that action. If you file in NY before gaining residency then he 'could' petition the court to have your filing thrown out.. or a judge could throw them out anyway.

Yes, but he thinks he can bully me into staying with him.

Ding ding.. round two to newcomer2000 !!

My daughter is everything to me. He knows that, and he is playing on my fears of losing her.

Ding ding.. round three to newcomer2000 !!

He is happy with me stuck here and truly believes I have no other options.

Ding ding.. round four to newcomer2000 !!

N

newcomer2000

LB

You are not losing your touch at all-good stuff.
Thanks for the advice--again, good stuff.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">