• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Repossession

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Y

YLECoytoesg

It is wriiten up in the divorce papers that she is to make the car payments. She is supposed to be getting a loan to get my name off of the car. If my credit is being damaged due to her not making payments and she is dragging her feet on the loan, do I have the right to take back the car without her persmission until the payments are made or the loan is finished??

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by YLECoytoesg:
It is wriiten up in the divorce papers that she is to make the car payments. She is supposed to be getting a loan to get my name off of the car. If my credit is being damaged due to her not making payments and she is dragging her feet on the loan, do I have the right to take back the car without her persmission until the payments are made or the loan is finished??<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

No. You have a court order in your hands. You shall not avail yourself to "Self-Help".

If your court order is being breached, your only "legal" avenue is to take her back to court, show the judge that she has failed to abide by her agreement and the order, and to have the judge make new orders that you are to take posession of the vehicle - - to make the payments, sell it, or refinance it yourself to get "her" name off of the title. And finally, because of her "breach" and the fact you were forced to bring her back into court over the matter, you will also be entitled to reimbursement of your attorney's fees and costs.

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">