• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Got scammed by a Bum and Family

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cgneedshelp

Permission to gag the plaintiff

What is the name of your state?Hello I am from NY and I am trying to help my sister because she is being taken to small claims court By her soon to be ex inlaws. The inlaws from hell.
My sister was married to an alcholic for 14 years and is going thru some co-depandancy issues. She Finally picked up and left and here is my story of why I am here.
Due to Alcoholism issues My sisters Husband was arrested 5 times for drunk driving. Along with this came legal fees lawyers probation issues amoung other things he has 2 felony charges due to this and even spent some time in prizon. She exhausted her funds and needed to borrow the money. She was trying to be a good wife to get her man out of trouble so she co-signed several loans that was written by her inlaws. They knew who was resonsible and who wasnt to come up with a documentation for this, They prepared for this for years and now holding my sister responsible for money due to his legal issues.
Her signature is on these papers she made some mistakes. I understand that she may need to pay for this. I would like to know if this solution is feasable if courts work this way because i never have been to one.
My plan is to explain the whole situation to the court. Ask them for a payment plan Things are tight right now and I have every intention of paying it down $5.00 a month is all i can handle. And let these people die before they collect. Unless there is another way. I really can use some help and advice and information would be greatly appreciated.How to best handle this, Tips, How I can go about getting criminal records.Its frustrating to see this man drag down my sister and now his parents dragging her down. In most divorces The woman collects from the man. In this case The man collected 38,000.00 from the woman. And parents are coming after more. HELP!!

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">