• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Does marriage count?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

persistence

Is it true that if the custodial parent gets married, and income increases as a result, or living conditions improve, that child support could be reduced? If that is true, then does this also apply if the non-custodial get married and household income increases as a result, and living conditions exceed conditions where child lives with custodial parent, but in this case wouldn't the child support then be modified? What if non-custodial collects disability? I have asked a friend's attorney (I just can't afford one right now.) who said they would "look into it" and "never had the situation before". Do you have any info. on this? Thank you!

S

Skorpio

WHOA! Slow down, take a breath. What state are you in?

Skorpio

H

HolyRoller

If that is true, then does this also apply if the non-custodial get married and household income increases as a result, and living conditions exceed conditions where child lives with custodial parent, but in this case wouldn't the child support then be modified? What if he's black? What if he's one-legged? If he's a pilot, but she's a maid, is there a chance her brother could end up with my child?

How many jelly beans are in the bottle? If I guess correctly, does my child support increase or decrease?

Do you really need to be blind to obtain disability? And if you do, does the NCP's child support payments get reduced?

My uncle designs machine guns. Do my questions seem like I'm firing one?

I need help fast because being a carpenter with three missing fingers means support doesn't count in my state.

Thanks.

P

persistence

Skorpio:
I read your response and am still trying to
figure out if that was an attempt at humor.

O-B-V-I-O-U-S-L-Y Y-O-U H-A-V-E N-O-T M-A-S-T-E-R-E-D- H-O-W T-O R-E-A-D C-O-M-P-R-E-H-E-N-S-I-V-E-L-Y.

YOU SHOULD ABSTAIN FROM POSTING MESSAGES--PEOPLE DO NOT GO TO THIS BULLETIN BOARD TO BE INSULTED. THEY COME HERE LOOKING FOR HELP AND ARE USUALLY DESPERATE AND CAN'T AFFORD AN ATTORNEY. SHAME ON YOU! ESPECIALLY FOR PICKING ON THE DISABLED.

THESE ARE SERIOUS ISSUES FOR ME AND I DO NOT APPRECIATE, NOR DO I WANT YOUR OPINION.

I WOULD APPRECIATE NOT HEARING FROM YOU AGAIN.

C

Correctional

Skorpio only asked you for a state, persistence, and asked you to slow down. Maybe you're the one who can't read comprehensively, because it wasn't Skorpio who put up the second post. Skorpio is just another one of the good people who help to answer questions to the best of their ability and knowledge on this message board. Someone owes someone else an apology here I believe.

S

Skorpio

I wasn't making fun of you, it just sounds like you are trying to get in as much information as possible in one breath. You shouldn't throw around your disability, I made no remarks against it what so ever. As "Correctional" said, I only asked what State you were in, you know, where you live, not a state of health.

Anyways,

S

Skorpio

If your going to tear into anyone, it should be holyroller, not me. I was not making fun in no way. I'm sorry if you took it that way.

And to Holyroller, you should be ashamed of your self for being too sarcastic to someone who is asking for advice. Some people come to these boards with NO legal knowledge at all that is why we're all here right, to learn and to tell what we've learned. You owe persistence an apology!

Skorpio

P

persistence

You are absolutely correct (I think it was Correctional) that pointed out I owe Skorpio an apology. I apologize. It was meant for Holy Roller, I was so angry when I read it, I thought it was from you Skorpio, again, please accept my apology.
For the record, I am not disabled, my ex is getting money from the government while he has been seen working construction--another sore subject for me I guess, especially when other people really need it!

Skorpio, I am from the state of MASS. Any info, would be gladly accepted, thanks, sorry for the misunderstanding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">