• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Search and seizure

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

golfwife17

What is the name of your state?Texas
In Nov. 2003 the police served a warrent for arrest on my son at 11:30 a.m. and removed my son into custody at 1:30p.m. yet stayed in my home walking the property and looking through house until 6:00p.m. when a search warrent arrived. Is this a legal action? The atty we have filed a motion to supress back in Feb. 2004 yet it has not been heard in court. The D.A. keeps reseting and dropping charges and recharging my son wording it different yet all based on same case ? Please help if you can !!!!!

BelizeBreeze

It was legal to a point. But, since we don't know what was search, where your son was taken into custody or any of the facts of his case, that's the only answer that can be given relevant to your case...maybe.

CdwJava

golfwife17 said:
What is the name of your state?Texas
In Nov. 2003 the police served a warrent for arrest on my son at 11:30 a.m. and removed my son into custody at 1:30p.m. yet stayed in my home walking the property and looking through house until 6:00p.m. when a search warrent arrived. Is this a legal action? The atty we have filed a motion to supress back in Feb. 2004 yet it has not been heard in court. The D.A. keeps reseting and dropping charges and recharging my son wording it different yet all based on same case ? Please help if you can !!!!!
Well, it IS perfectly legal to remain at a scene and maintain its integrity until the arrival of a search warrant. It is not legal to start searching without it. But, they CAN search for anyone hiding in the home, they can keep others out, and they can search the area surrounding the suspect they arrested while they await the warrant.

Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">