• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ok so what is reasonable visitation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Jamie93

Ok i have had my moving question answered by my lawyer and looks good. still working out details . However, my divorce states that visitation but ex will be reasonable and just , living near that has been every other weekend, if i am out of state what will that be? I know shutup already, well i will :)

Thanks you guys

LegalBeagle

It means he needs to petition the courts to have visitation increase and for longer duration as every other weekend is no long practical. No idea how far you have moved but he could also come after you for travel expenses.

MySonsMom

What's always good to do is ask him what he would like as far as visitation...If it's fair and doable go with it, if it's not going to work come back with a different offer. The person that moves away from the other parent usually gets stuck with the travel expenses, or at least half. So take that into consideration too. With a long distance relationship, I always think it's fair to give non custodial parent some holidays, breaks, and most of the summer. Good luck!

------------------
*There is no love, like the unconditional love of a Mother*

-I am not an Attorney, any advice given is strictly advice-

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">