• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

First MIP...Please help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

Hunnibee34

What is the name of your state? Michigan

I am 17 and I recieved my first MIP this weekend after a cop smelled alcohol in my cup of Pepsi. They had been hiding in the woods for a half hour watching us while we were camping. I had only had a sip or two of the drink so I certainly was not drunk. We dumped out all our alcohol as they asked and we were not given breathalyzers. I go to court in a week and in approximately three weeks I turn 18. I'm very scared because I don't know what is going to happen. I'm also very concerned that my parents will find out because they are under a lot of stress already, and I don't want to involve them if I don't have to. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank You!

Last edited:

gjs8806

Well, if your going to court your parents are going to find out. Most of the time in cases like this the court wont do anything accept make you do community service or something you definitely wont get put in jail. And as for your parents your going to be 18 soon so they cant do anything to you so I would say you'll be all right.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">