• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dbrasco

I've got a question. I'm a male who lives in NJ. I have a child with a women from WA. He is now six years old. Money is taken out of every pay check (about $400.) every two weeks leaving me with $210. every two weeks. Now she has asked the courts to get more money from me. I can barely pay my rent. She wants to send our child to a private school costing $5000.00 per year. How can I afford that? If I could I would but I can't. I'm affraid she will win in court and I will be broke. It's hard enough for me to pay my bills. I love him to death and unfortunately I only see him once a year during the summer or during winter break. His mother and I do not get along. Is there anything I can do to stop her?

LegalBeagle

So you are saying.. that you earn 1220 a month and 800 of that is taken in CS payments ?? Are you current in support or did we miss a few months somewhere along the line ?.. did you have an attorney ? Are you working full time ?? Or do you have a Phd but work at Macdonalds ?

D

dbrasco

No I do not have a lawyer. This was the amount I was ordered to pay when my son was born by the courts. I'm currently a computer tech but I would like to go further in school to make more money but how can I when I can barely afford to eat?

D

dbrasco

I miss stated earlier when I was writing the amount for my son. Total deductions are about four hundred every month. After taxes, health insurance, TSP, and so on that are automatically deducted, I come home with exactly $196.00 every two weeks. Do I have to get a lawyer out there in Washington to represent me or do I have to go out there?

LegalBeagle

It is unlikely that a judge would allow an increase just to pay for private school. So unless she can prove that you are earning under your potential then you should be ok.. You need to get an attorney in the state where the child resides.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">