• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child support enforcement in missouri

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bunnylove

I live in Missouri.
Just had a modification of judicial order done by the Div. of Child Support Enforcement. They came up with an amount that was fair but my ex requested an administrative hearing. I know for a fact that my ex lied about his income during this, he had a lawyer and I was not allowed one so I was walked all over. The hearing was done over the phone which was also not fair. Prior to the modification he was making 800.00 per week as president of his own company, two weeks before the hearing he took a job selling cars for minimum wage. The hearing officer did not take into consideration what money he is capable of making (even tho I know he just changed the name of his business and actually still owns part of it as a silent partner) he was also ordered to provide the children with medical coverage which costs him money out of his pay, they also deducted this from the child support he is to pay. Though they told me they can't enforce him actually covering the kids on his health ins. I have to pay 350.00 per month to cover the kids on ins. from my employer. Now I only get 389.00 per month and this is suppose to help support our 3 kids (all teens).
What route can I take now? I can't afford a lawyer.

Please help anyone. advise on where to turn.

B

bunnylove

The CSE office told me if I get a lawyer they step out of the picture.
When they finally caught up with him several years ago he was 17,000.00 in arrears and is slowly trying to pay this off. (remember they can only take 25% of his income) I hate to go through another 7 years of NO Child support before the CSE can find him again. I just don't think it's right that they told me I couldn't be represented but he could. Sure they had my CSE case worker there but she was no help at all, didn't hear her say 2 words during the hearing.
Do you happen to know of a inexpensive lawyer in the St Louis area. Maybe that's my only option.

LegalBeagle

Does he still owe that amount ? A judge would not accept what has happened and would not accept his min wage. Your only option here is to dump the CSA and get your own representation. Call 411 and ask for the State Bar Assc and then ask for Pro Bono attorneys.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">