• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

If anyone can help - greatly appreciated!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

whattodo?

What is the name of your state? Kentucky

Long story, but I will make it short. Husband's grandmother passed in July of 2002. Been in probate since - will be out of probate July 2004 or August 2004. In her will all was supposed to be split between nine children. My husband's mother passed in 2000. Is my husband entitled to her share. Attorney will not return my husband's phone calls. My husband did get a letter from the attorney after his grandmother's passing letting him know that the attorney was handling. Also, some of my husband's mother's belongings are still at the house. Nothing of real value - just pictures, etc. How do we go about getting that property. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

JETX

There are several critical issues missing in your post.... such as whether probate under wills or intestate. And obviously, the subsequent death of his mother makes the answer somewhat more complex. I would suggest that you contact a local probate attorney and ask for a low- or no-cost consultation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">