• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Co executor's fees

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sibling2

What is the name of your state? New York - I read in a previous post, the structure of executor's fees for NY. What I would like to find out is ... In an estate where the will has named two co-executors/heirs, do they both receive separate fees as previously posted (5/4/3/2.5) or do both and for that matter all executors share this fee. In other words, if an estate worth $200,000, had twenty executors and they each received a five percent fee, then 100% of the estate would go to their fees ???? I get a different answer from everyone I talk to. Thank-you

OceanArcher

Executor Fees/Payments

This is an old question, but maybe I can sort it out for someone else.

The fees for performing as Executor or Executrex are normally set by the laws of the state with jurisdiction. The amount of that fee will be shared between all active Co-executors.

Normally, when more than one Executor is named, the first person named will perform the duties to the exclusion of all others named, unless it specified in the Will that they operate in concert. If the first name on the list is unable or unwilling to perform the duties, then the task falls upon the next in line. Should none of the named persons be willing or able to act as Executor, then the local Probate Court will normally appoint one.

BlondiePB

This is an old question, but maybe I can sort it out for someone else.

The fees for performing as Executor or Executrex are normally set by the laws of the state with jurisdiction. The amount of that fee will be shared between all active Co-executors.

Normally, when more than one Executor is named, the first person named will perform the duties to the exclusion of all others named, unless it specified in the Will that they operate in concert. If the first name on the list is unable or unwilling to perform the duties, then the task falls upon the next in line. Should none of the named persons be willing or able to act as Executor, then the local Probate Court will normally appoint one.
You joined just to necro-post?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">