• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dissabilty requirements

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

amcfreek

What is the name of your state?pa {pencil neck vania}

hi ok a freind collecting workers comp for 8 years descied to try for dissabilty ..
and was turned down because he didnt meet the requirements of haveing worked being out of work for 8 years , meaning he is now suposedely only eligable for ssi
social security requires as they told him to have filed a claim within the 5 years after the last time of haveing a job..

is this a true way to railroad some one eligable for dissability ? and force them on federal welfare?

rmet4nzkx

It is not clear what your question is or that it can be answered from this information.
What is the status of the workers comp?
State Disability?
What is the disability?
It is very difficult to prove disability under Social Security.
Your friend may want to ask for referals to agencies that help with social security or their local independent resource living center for assistance.

amcfreek

status is workers comp case still open, and active , and looking into settle and apply for dissabilty..
cant apply for dissability because a claim was not opened in the 5 years of working. that is due to the facts he has been on comp for 8 years
wich is the question is this a legitamate way to refuse a persons dissability simply because they never came forward to claim dissability ?
in other words this person on workers comp had no reason to file for dissability as he alreaddy makes to much collecting so he isnt elidgable untill he settles...
ok let me lay this out so you may understand
1: (a) person hurts his back at work
(b)person sues under workers comp gets workers comp
2 (a)person sits around for 8 years unable to work and not egtting better applies for social securioty federal dissability ..
(b) he is refused as reason was he couldnt establish a claim because he didnt work in the last five years .
3:} in other words social security administration states reason for refusal to file a claim is he didnt file within 5 years of being elidgable to open a claim , as you have ahd to work in the past 5 years

4:) he is only elidgable for ssi as dissability and ssi are different ..

i am asking is this a true reason to denigh federal dissabilty , does it require that you work in the past 5 years ?eaven though yorue on workers comp , workers comp shouldnt effect social security..

Go study their website - www.ssa.gov.

It states the following:

" In addition to meeting our definition of disability, you must have worked long enough--and recently enough--under Social Security to qualify for disability benefits.

Social Security work credits are based on your total yearly wages or self-employment income. You can earn up to four credits each year.

The amount needed for a credit changes from year to year. In 2004, for example, you earn one credit for each $900 of wages or self-employment income. When you've earned $3,600, you've earned your four credits for the year.

The number of work credits you need to qualify for disability benefits depends on your age when you become disabled. Generally, you need 40 credits, 20 of which were earned in the last 10 years ending with the year you become disabled. However, younger workers may qualify with fewer credits.

IMPORTANT: Remember that whatever your age is, you must have earned the required number of work credits within a certain period ending with the time you become disabled. Your Social Security Statement shows whether you meet the work requirement at the time it was prepared. If you stop working under Social Security after the date of the Statement, you may not continue to meet the disability work requirement in the future."

That is the law and there's nothing your friend can do about this. If you had used a lawyer for your Workers Comp, I'm sure the lawyer had told your friend that he should also immediately apply for Social Security.

Now, let's be grateful that you may be able to get SSI. There are people out there who can't even get SSI and have no Workers Comp !!

bisto

amcfreek said:
status is workers comp case still open, and active , and looking into settle and apply for dissabilty..
cant apply for dissability because a claim was not opened in the 5 years of working. that is due to the facts he has been on comp for 8 years
wich is the question is this a legitamate way to refuse a persons dissability simply because they never came forward to claim dissability ?
in other words this person on workers comp had no reason to file for dissability as he alreaddy makes to much collecting so he isnt elidgable untill he settles...
ok let me lay this out so you may understand
1: (a) person hurts his back at work
(b)person sues under workers comp gets workers comp
2 (a)person sits around for 8 years unable to work and not egtting better applies for social securioty federal dissability ..
(b) he is refused as reason was he couldnt establish a claim because he didnt work in the last five years .
3:} in other words social security administration states reason for refusal to file a claim is he didnt file within 5 years of being elidgable to open a claim , as you have ahd to work in the past 5 years

4:) he is only elidgable for ssi as dissability and ssi are different ..

i am asking is this a true reason to denigh federal dissabilty , does it require that you work in the past 5 years ?eaven though yorue on workers comp , workers comp shouldnt effect social security..

Is your keyboard playing tricks on you or are you dyslexic?

You did have a smiley face beside the point that he is edible four ssi dissasssibtly and they are differnet......., so I take it he is getting SSI. I never read your whole post cause it was garbage.
When you are dealing with SSA you dont need good reasons to denigh?? you. There are probably another 30 reasons why your friend is inedible four SSDI you may findd yout latedter.

But yes that is a legitimate reason to deny. ;)

amcfreek

bisto my friend thank you for being an irritating jerk ..
in fact its a typeing impediment ..and anny other insults you want to hurl please understand some of us arent as up to par on typing skills ,
now fact being that do you think it is ok to go down to the united way , urs and make fun of "retarded people" for being "retarded"?
if you wouldn't approve of making fun of a retarded person why make fun of someones posts without reading the post and then leaving youre insulting 2 cents ??
and if you are of human dignity why make fun of someone less fortunate and
make fun of someones sloppy spelling , and consider thier post complete trash , i aperantly when i left the combination of :d ":~d" it made a smiley so what , what does that change it doesent look like double spaced font size
12 , on legal paper bound with a paper clip , or maybe stapled depending what jurisdition it was filed under , wich is what yorue used to reading , but layman whoot get in line and hurry up he posted something gramataclly incorect .. youre type are hoplessly here .. ill guess ill just have to point that out , youre typing isnt much more dyslexic
i guess sometimes
SOME ONE SHOULD CALL ALL DYSLEXIC PEOPLE TO UNTIE , AND BECOME ONE HUGE PLEATHERA OF DYLEXIC RETORIC AND POST HERE SO YOU AND
YOURE FRIENDS CAN MAKE FUN OF OUR TYPEING IMPEDIMENTS ....

remember when you wake up tomarrow to have a sh|tty day !!!!im off the soap box as he got under my skin .. sorry peeps he really ticked me off
laterz
exit box left
alt+f4

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">