• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

pending charge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

J-roc

What is the name of your state?New York

I was found with posession and they never charged me cuz they said the drugs had to be tested. How long does this usually take and is there a time limit on when they can charge me with them. It has been over two weeks. should i be hearing something soon?

ptlmejo

Depends upon who is doing the testing...

If someone in the department does the test, should be ready in 5 mins...if they send it off to the crime lab (which I suspect is the case here), could be awhile...like...months...

JETX

J-roc said:
I was found with posession and they never charged me cuz they said the drugs had to be tested. How long does this usually take and is there a time limit on when they can charge me with them. It has been over two weeks. should i be hearing something soon?
I would suggest you spend this time locating a defense attorney, because the chances are high that you will need his/her services. As for how long they have to charge you.... that would depend on the actual charges being considered.... but usually at least a year, and often up to two years.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">