• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Where do I look up the info I need?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

shmily

What is the name of your state? Indiana

I am trying to look up a statute from 1939. Is there a place I can start searching. I tried www.accessindiana.com but I have no idea where to go once there. (other than in the law section)

The case is specifically related to a wrongful death workers compensation suit regarding step children.

Any suggestions? I need this soon.

JETX

You are going to need to contact either a VERY old attorney or make a visit to your local law library.
I doubt there are any online resources with laws that old.

S

shmily

Even if it is the only one of it's kind? That is my understanding. I guess I thought there would be references to it somewhere from another case.

S

shmily

I don't know very much about it. All I know is that it was a statute regarding stepchildren and workers comp benefits in settlements.

I wish I knew more, but I know very little about this stuff.

S

shmily

That is closer to anything I could find, however it's not what I was hoping to find. At any rate the case settled out of court in mediation on Friday.

I am still very interested if I could find it. I am from a very rural area though and it's hard to come accrossed things like that other than the internet.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">