• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Should Ex Get His Retirement Back

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kristiski

What is the name of your state? California

Mother passed, and now ex-husband is asking for the retirement money, that was mother's, back. I'm torn with this and think it should go to her family. Husband says its his, but is it really?

BelizeBreeze

Who's mother passed and did she pass a kidney stone or die? And what retirement monies?

You have left a lot to guess about and that will result in no valid answer.

kristiski

My husbands mother, (see prev. post). Now, my husbands father is asking for the retirement money, that went to mother. When they divorced, mother got 1/2 of my husbands fathers' pension.

BelizeBreeze

kristiski said:
My husbands mother, (see prev. post). Now, my husbands father is asking for the retirement money, that went to mother. When they divorced, mother got 1/2 of my husbands fathers' pension.
Then tell hubby to tell his father to bite rocks. It becomes part of mom's estate to which the ex is not entitled.

Dandy Don

Find out from the company holding the money whether mom filled out a form to designate whoever she wanted to be beneficiary of this money. If no beneficiary was named, it will go to her estate, and a divorced spouse would be disqualified from eligibility to claim anything.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">