• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

traffic stop/drug charge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

shariffjames

New York

A person I was riding with take a right at a stop sign, the cop followed him, then contiuned to follow him, as he pulled in to his girlfriends house the cop turned his lights on. He asked him for his liscence, but the officer knew the kid behind the wheel, the one driving didn't have his liscence he had a passenger with him, I was in the back seat. He asked everybody for ID, I was the only one with a liscence so after about 5 minutes he asks me to step out the car, JUST ME, not anyone else in the car, the cop is talking to me, pats me down and continues to talk to me and we're conversating for about 5 minutes, he says well just sit in the back here and if everything checks out you can go, after about 15 minutes he comes back to me and says ok we have a problem, i said what problem he says the big bag of marijuana thats in the car, I told the officer i had nothing to do with it. The bag was under the kids car and the cop tried to pin it on me. After about 15 minutes of searching they found half a pound of weed too which the driver and the kid sitting in the front admitted that it was their's, they arrested the driver and let the passenger go but arrested me and charged me with a quarter pound but charged the driver with a pound and a half along with other charges he also had 4500 on him is this legal, even after both admitted that it was their's,they also searched another car that was pulled over because the people in the car in the car knew people in our car, we asked why they were searched the police replied oh thats a direct connection even though we pulled up at the DRIVER'S GIRLFRIEND'S house and she was standing there asking whats goin on they didn't check her nothing how is this possible?

JETX

Clearly, there is far more to this story than being told. Bottom line.... If you feel the charges are not valid, get a defense attorney and 'tell it to the judge'.

S

shariffjames

that was it

That was ALL there was to the story point blank...no more or no less, and the one day i decide to leave my tape recorder at home too cause i tape all events whenever i get pulled over because this sort of incident happened before and i recorded the whole conversation and my charges were dropped against me and i have an ongoing civil suit against one police department right now.

CdwJava

That's funny .. even when I was a rambunctious youth running with some questionable pals, we didn't get pulled over all the time. And certainly no contacts to ever make me consider getting a recorder to tape the conversation.

Get the defense attorney, stop smoking weed, and/or find new friends. At best you're kicking it with potheads (and you can't say you didn't see or smell that much MJ in the car!) ... at worst, you are one as well.

Time to grow up.

Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">