• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lawyer Did Not Return My Calls And Cost Me $1800.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MOTIMUDGE

What is the name of your state?TX
WE HAD A LAWYER FOR A BUSINESS LAWSUIT. WE HAD A SETTLEMENT THAT WE HAD TO PAY THE PLAINTIFF. IT WAS $300/MO. FOR A PERIOD OF SOME 3 YEARS OR SO. AS WE NEARED THE END OF THE TIME PD, I BEGAN CALLING THE LAWYER TO ASK HIM TO PULL MY FILE AND LET US KNOW THE EXACT END DATE FOR OUR LAST CHECK TO GO TO THE PLAINTIFF. HIS ASSISTANT ALWAYS TOLD ME HE WOULD CALL ME BACK, HE NEVER DID. THE ASSISTANT WOULD SAY, OH HE IS GOING TO STORAGE TO GET IT. HE DID NOT GO FOR 6 MO. FINALLY WHEN I GOT IT, WE HAD OVER PAYED 6 MO. OF PAYMENTS. IS THIS SOME KIND OF MALPRACTICE? WE OWE THE LAWYER SOME OF HIS BILL STILL, BUT I HAVE STOPPED PAYING B/C HE MADE US OVER PAY DUE TO HIS IGNORING MY CALLS. CAN HE SUE ME FOR PAYMENT OF HIS BILL? HE HAS STOPPED SENDING ME A BILL, PROBABLY B/C HE REALIZES I AM PISSED HE MADE US OVER PAY. HE ALSO TOLD US NOT TO WORRY ABOUT A CLIENT FOR THE SAME ISSUE WHO SENT US A LETTER THREATENING TO SUE, AND NOW THAT SAME CLIENT PUT A LIEN ON OUR HOME. ISN'T THAT BAD ADVICE? MALPRACTICE? HOW CAN ONE REPRIMAND OR GO AGAINST A LAWYER>?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Include your state, be civil, brief, and to the point, and use lower case letters.

MOTIMUDGE said:
What is the name of your state?TX
WE HAD A LAWYER FOR A BUSINESS LAWSUIT. WE HAD A SETTLEMENT THAT WE HAD TO PAY THE PLAINTIFF. IT WAS $300/MO. FOR A PERIOD OF SOME 3 YEARS OR SO. AS WE NEARED THE END OF THE TIME PD, I BEGAN CALLING THE LAWYER TO ASK HIM TO PULL MY FILE AND LET US KNOW THE EXACT END DATE FOR OUR LAST CHECK TO GO TO THE PLAINTIFF. HIS ASSISTANT ALWAYS TOLD ME HE WOULD CALL ME BACK, HE NEVER DID. THE ASSISTANT WOULD SAY, OH HE IS GOING TO STORAGE TO GET IT. HE DID NOT GO FOR 6 MO. FINALLY WHEN I GOT IT, WE HAD OVER PAYED 6 MO. OF PAYMENTS. IS THIS SOME KIND OF MALPRACTICE? WE OWE THE LAWYER SOME OF HIS BILL STILL, BUT I HAVE STOPPED PAYING B/C HE MADE US OVER PAY DUE TO HIS IGNORING MY CALLS. CAN HE SUE ME FOR PAYMENT OF HIS BILL? HE HAS STOPPED SENDING ME A BILL, PROBABLY B/C HE REALIZES I AM PISSED HE MADE US OVER PAY. HE ALSO TOLD US NOT TO WORRY ABOUT A CLIENT FOR THE SAME ISSUE WHO SENT US A LETTER THREATENING TO SUE, AND NOW THAT SAME CLIENT PUT A LIEN ON OUR HOME. ISN'T THAT BAD ADVICE? MALPRACTICE? HOW CAN ONE REPRIMAND OR GO AGAINST A LAWYER>?

Include your state, be civil, brief, and to the point, and use lower case letters.

T

Tired_of_trying

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
OR...
Contact the local state bar and ask them about their complaint process... they usually are not as anal as some of the attorney's who are here to "help" the general public but forget that..... hard hard black hearts rolling in their greenbacks...

Last edited:

HomeGuru

Tired_of_trying said:
OR...
Contact the local state bar and ask them about their complaint process... they usually are not as anal as some of the attorney's who are here to "help" the general public but forget that..... hard hard black hearts rolling in their greenbacks...
**A: referencce tot post.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">