• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

court won't allow time for lawyer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

madisont

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania
Regarding my home, bank discriminated based on my disability. Filed complaint, they started harrassing and trying to take my home. Hired attorney to request hearing from court, said he would before we met, then outright refused to do anything. I am in danger of losing my home because of him.Second attorney hired, quit at last minute, no reason, right before a hearing was scheduled by court. Have called every referral service, attorney's, cannot find legal counsel to represent me. Judge scheduled a motion hearing, I told court about disability, and it would probably be impossible for me to show up at the court for hearing; and especially since I didn't have counsel, told them I would call first thing in the morning if I couldn't make the hearing. I was extremely ill, couldn't move, made phonecalls asap. I thought the hearing would be cancelled, it was supposed to be. I guess they went ahead without me. I got letter from court, they had hearing, sided with bank, since I was not present. I asked judge to reconsider, he said no. He should of removed himself from case at beginning, there is a major conflict of interest. The sheriff in my county started threatening me over a year ago. He wanted my house. The judges and sheriff all very good friends. This is a very small area, everybody knows each other. Now, the judge is giving the bank the right to evict me in 15 days. Trying to find counsel asap. don't know what to do. What grounds can I stand on? Can I file appeal with another court? Please help

Also, can I file a Chapter 13 bankruptcy to stop the eviction from my home? Since there is a definite conflict of interest (judges are shareholders of bank, president judge is on the Board of Directors) and he is the one who gave bank the right to evict me, he knows all parties, and he's the one who ignored my disability, and won't give me time to find counsel.

Last edited:

rmet4nzkx

You raise a lot of issues which you claim are related to discrimination because of your disability. The issue of disability can confuse the issue but at the same time doesn't give you more rights than others, however the law under ADA allows for accommodations.

Your questions are not clear and lack sufficent information to answer you here.

Without knowing what your disability is and what was the discriminaiton you claim against the bank etc. it is difficult to answer your questions.

Did you apply for ADA accommodations?

Have you checked with the bar assocaition and or judicial boards regarding conflict of interest?

You might contact the local independent resource living centers for referals.

You might contact EEOC and or HUD and state agencies.

You might look specifically for attorneys who are familiar with civil rights and disability issues.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">