• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

theft from employer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

doodoo

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? calafornia

i have been called into my office regarding theft from my company. i have admitted taking the item but want to know if this will result in dismissal even if i have an exemplary record for four and a half years. i have never had a disipinary before this incident.

JETX

doodoo said:
i have been called into my office regarding theft from my company. i have admitted taking the item but want to know if this will result in dismissal even if i have an exemplary record for four and a half years. i have never had a disipinary before this incident.
Of course we can't tell what might happen, but presumably you will be given the opportunity to test your job qualifications in the 'for hire' market.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
If you are asking whether you WILL be fired under these circumstances, only your employer can answer that.

If you are asking whether you CAN be fired under these circumstances, the answer is most certainly and without question yes, you can. The fact that this is your first offense does not in any way whatsoever restrict your employer from terming you.

What's more, if a prospective employer calls up and wants to know why you were fired, it IS legal in these circumstances for them to say that you were fired for theft.

Hope it was worth it.

Beth3

Theft is cause for immediate dismissal and it usually is - no matter how exemplary or long-service the individual is - so candidly, your situation does not look promising. What your employer will actually do is not something anyone here can predict.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
And if you are fired, no, you will not be eligible for unemployment.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">