• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

searching for trustee of estate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

swatpup87

What is the name of your state? Florida

The property adjoining my property is in a trust and I would like to find out who the trustee would be. How would I go about that? The property records indicate the trust is in the wife's name (she passed away), with an implied life estate for the husband. Also, what is an "implied life estate"? Thanks

Dandy Don

For what reason do you want to know who the trustee is--are you considering purchasing this property or do you think you have inheritance rights to it?

Which property records did you look at--records on paper or on computer?
If you check at the county courthouse they usually have land records online that you could use to look up the address and the owner's name (even if it's a trust) shows up, along with the name of the trustee. If that doesn't work, then visit the probate records section of the county courthouse to see if the lady had an estate probated. If so, then the file will contain the name of the executor (and possibly also the trustee)--if the trustee's name is not in the file you could contact the executor to ask him/her who the trustee is. If no probate file is available, the local abstract/title company can get you the deed for a few hundred dollars and the information is bound to be there.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

S

swatpup87

I was thinking of maybe purchasing the property if something happens to the husband (he is elderly and does not live there full time). I searched the record online at the property appraisers office. The address listed is the address of the property. Thanks for your suggestions. I will try going to the courthouse.

Dandy Don

The term implied life estate has a detailed legal meaning (that is not normally available to the public) and you will need to consult with a real estate attorney about how to accomplish what you want.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">