• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Improper parking in MA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Jakeb16

Hello, I was wondering if anyone knew the laws regarding improper parking in MA.
For example how far are you allowed to be away from the curb, if you are parked more of at a angle than directly parallel to the curb.

Do no parking zones have to be marked in someway no parking?
Same thing with fire zones, does there have to be some indication of the zone?

Also do the laws apply to a private apartment complex?

Thanks

You Are Guilty

Jakeb16 said:
Hello, I was wondering if anyone knew the laws regarding improper parking in MA.
For example how far are you allowed to be away from the curb, if you are parked more of at a angle than directly parallel to the curb.

Do no parking zones have to be marked in someway no parking?
Same thing with fire zones, does there have to be some indication of the zone?

Also do the laws apply to a private apartment complex?

Thanks
In order:

Yes. Depends (fire hydrants come to mind) and no.

J

Jakeb16

Thanks,

The "supposed" no parking area was in front of a apartment door.
There was no red curb, or any signs at all.
There were white lines indicating a space.
The only thing that was any sign that it wasn’t a parking space was that the area was smaller than the others around it.

I got a warning saying I was parking in a no parking zone and a fire zone.

J

Jakeb16

Ya I dont think I will :) I just wanted to make sure I wasnt going to get fined with parking in a firezone!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">