• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

suspension legal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

freebird1963

What is the name of your state? Florida

Hello
I worked for a company that dealt in wireless Internet located in
Hernando County. Originally the company was mine. But due to a partner that spent all the money we were going bankrupt. So I made a deal with a the person that would become the new owner. He would take over the running of the wireless and get all the customers and their revenue.
The equipment was mine. After 2 years I would get 25% of the business. In this we had a lot we bought at 48k and is now worth 100k plus. That was being foreclosed on. He bought the lot. We had 6 months to buy it back. However he never gave us any finalized papers to do so.
I was hired by the new owner and paid by check out of different accounts. Never the same account. Never one that said the business name.

This company has no SOP or employee hand book or anything saying what can or can't be done. A fellow employee had attempted several times to get me side jobs when we were out in the field setting up networks and routers for customers we installed wireless too also.

On March 8th of this year I was suspened for doing a side job.
A Boat Marina we had installed wireless internet in wanted a radio put up so he could get wireless to his work shops and to a customer of his that lives on a boat. I agreed to do it for exchange for working on a boat I had and he paid for the equipment I installed. He approaced me I did not approach the marina owner.

I started on a sat. and finished on sunday. While at the boat marina on sunday a guy that worked in the same office as I did but with a different company saw me. We talked for several minutes. He asked what I was doing and I told him. I never felt that I was doing anything wrong. THis guy is a good buddy of the person that I had made the take over deal with.

That evening he called our boss (the guy the deal was made with ) and told him he saw me and
what I was doing.
When I came to work on Monday morning . I arrive at work at 9 a.m. as I
always did. Around 10 a.m. I was called into the office and was
questioned at length on what I did over the weekend. I told them what I did.
I was told to come back at 5 pm that same day to find out what they were
going to do about this side job I had done. I told them I could not cuz I
had my son that nite (am divorced ) but the new owner made it quite plain that if I did not
show up I would not have a job. So I put off my son for the evening. I
arrived at a few mintues before 5 pm and was made to sit out front till
almost 6 pm.
Upon being called into the office I was told that I was suspened for 30
days. That if I "behaved" myself during this time that I would be brought
back to work. Meaning if I did not do other side jobs. I told them I had to
finish this job. The new owner made it specific that I owed him for any monies
I was to be paid. I told him that there was no monies. I was doing the job
in exchange for work on my boat. He told me I owed him for what that was
worth. I said no I did not owe anything cause we had no agreement that I
could not do any outside work.
The company was originally mine and he was one of
my customers at the time he and I made a agreement to join forces.
I "behaved" myself during the 30 days. There is a Scuba company above the boat marina were I did this
side job and they wanted me to do some work for them and I told them I could not. this was to
honor the request so I could be brought back to work even tho I did not
agree with it.
After the 30 days was up I called and emailed several times to
find out when I was due back to work. I was given the run around for a
couple of weeks. I finally got a meeting with the new owner.
Upon coming to the meeting it had nothing to do with my coming back to work
but with the system allegedly being hacked or so they thougth. I spent 4
hours in there being asked quesitons on my expertise about how it could
happen, or how to find the hack point etc. After all this time I was not brougth back. He said he was not going to
expand the network or spend any more money till this alleged crack attempt
was figured out.

In late april I was called to help him do some installs. I
was to be paid 125.00 per day with 25.00 to be paid back to the new owner.

I have several thousand of dollars of equipment located in the offices of
business location that they uses.

I have never received a written or verbal firing. I sit in limbo.
I have had to find employment elsewere to pay bills which I fell behind on while waiting to be brought back to work. My current pay is 1/2 of what I was making before.

I feel that this company and the indiviual in particular have illegally suspened me
to keep from paying me. They have not allowed me to re enter the building to
recover my equipment and they continue to use it to make income.

I did what was requested even tho there has never been a written policy
on anything with this company.

I also believe this is to keep from having to pay me or entitle me to the 25% as I had been there a year and a quarter. I also learned that another guy was also promised 25% of the company which makes me more suspicious of this suspension.

I contacted the U.S. Department of Labor's Wage and Hour
Information Center but they said they don't handle matters such as these.

Do I have a chance of backpay ? lawsuit ?

Thanks
Screwed by a New Yorker again.

Last edited:

O

omnib

Mark,I am in the process of sueing FATGREG & OMNI, he is a wolf in sheeps clothing, I have an attorny that will listen to your case, DO NOT LET HIM GET AWAY WITH ANYTHING, he is nothing, as for jim and louy they kiss his ass 24 hrs a day, please call me
office/ 631-501-2409
cell/ 631-255-4249

FATASS must have a dozen lawsuits by now, he has 5 different companies, i also reported him to IRS, he also went to prison for 18 months for ARSON, he also had sexual charges brought against him, he is bad, call me, dont let him get away

freebird1963

still suing him ?

I just saw this.
Are you still in the process of suing him ? If so can I still call this attorney ?

Thanks

Katy W.

It's a very bad idea to put all this identifying information on the internet. It's not my business, but I would heavily edit your text and privately e-mail each other if you want to name names. When you post here you should not use the parties' real names.

freebird1963

Hello,
Not sure why a bad idea but in todays society your probably right so I change and/or removed names and companies.

thanks for the advice.

FreeBird

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">