• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

felony marijuana charge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

2nd2last

What is the name of your state? CT
Approx 12 years ago i was arrested in a drug sting and was charged with possesion and sale of mariujuana in all i had 1/2 pound. This was a felony charge. Since then I have stayed out of trouble and I want to know if this will forever be on my record. I am interested becuase I would like to obtain a hunting license for target shooting and I am not sure if I would be allowed to get one becuase of this charge. I was 19 at the time of arrest. If you could please give me any answers I would be greatful.
Thanks alot,
ct guy

HomeGuru

2nd2last said:
What is the name of your state? CT
Approx 12 years ago i was arrested in a drug sting and was charged with possesion and sale of mariujuana in all i had 1/2 pound. This was a felony charge. Since then I have stayed out of trouble and I want to know if this will forever be on my record. I am interested becuase I would like to obtain a hunting license for target shooting and I am not sure if I would be allowed to get one becuase of this charge. I was 19 at the time of arrest. If you could please give me any answers I would be greatful.
Thanks alot,
ct guy
**A: what makes you think the community trusts you with a firearm?

JETX

"Since then I have stayed out of trouble and I want to know if this will forever be on my record."
*** It will be on your record for the rest of your life.... or until you take an action of expunging it (and if your state laws allow it to even be expunged).

I just did a cursory review of the CT expungement process and found the following:
"Who is eligible for an expungement? An adult whose criminal charges have been pardoned, decriminalized, dismissed, nolled, or has been found not quilty. A person not guilty by reason of mental disease or defect or guilty but not criminally responsible by reason of mental disease or defect is not eligible. All related counts must be eligible for erasure. Connecticut Statutes Sec. 54-142a, et seq."

The actual statute can be found at:
http://www.cga.state.ct.us/2003/pub/Chap961a.htm#Sec54-142a.htm

2nd2last

re

homeguru, sorry if you think that a kid that made a mistake can never be trusted again for the rest of their life. I'm sure you've never done anything wrong in your life. I do believe the only man who has done that was named Jesus and I dont think your him so you're not perfect either so save your judgments for somewhere else. Your a sinner just like everyone else.

Jetx, Thank you very much for the information you provided. This was a non violent crime and I didnt serve any jail time so maybe I can look into getting it taken off my record.
Thank you

HomeGuru

2nd2last said:
homeguru, sorry if you think that a kid that made a mistake can never be trusted again for the rest of their life. I'm sure you've never done anything wrong in your life. I do believe the only man who has done that was named Jesus and I dont think your him so you're not perfect either so save your judgments for somewhere else. Your a sinner just like everyone else.

**A: Wrong. I guess you were absent that day. Jesus did indeed commit wrongdoings.

JETX

2nd2last said:
This was a non violent crime and I didnt serve any jail time so maybe I can look into getting it taken off my record.
Of course you can certainly 'check into it', but the bottom line (violent or not) is that unless the you or the charges were "pardoned, decriminalized, dismissed, nolled, or has been found not quilty" the record cannot be expunged. Your post isn't clear and only says you were charged. What was the disposition of the charge?? If you were found or pled guilty to the charge, you would not be eligible for expungement.

turkeeegal

homeguru wrong

That person replying with judgment on you is the same person who voted to take all our rights away from us. The only one saying marijuana is wrong is the law and that's because they make money on asset forfeiture of drug dealers. homeguru- you have no idea, i'm sorry to offend. I do NOT do any drugs, but marijuana is less harmful than alcohol. Also, the people who made these laws smoke marijuana!!! HOllywood promotes it. EVery movie has a gratuitous pot scene. It's not fair.

JETX

turkeeegal said:
That person replying with judgment on you is the same person who voted to take all our rights away from us. The only one saying marijuana is wrong is the law and that's because they make money on asset forfeiture of drug dealers. homeguru- you have no idea, i'm sorry to offend. I do NOT do any drugs, but marijuana is less harmful than alcohol. Also, the people who made these laws smoke marijuana!!! HOllywood promotes it. EVery movie has a gratuitous pot scene. It's not fair.
You're full of crap.

Curt581

Is it any coincidence that someone who is decrying the existence of marijuana laws... is the same person who's mother was found with a very large quantity of marijuana?

Curt581

turkeeegal said:
That person replying with judgment on you is the same person who voted to take all our rights away from us.
All our rights have been taken away? When did that happen?

When did we have the "right" to smoke marijuana?
The only one saying marijuana is wrong is the law and that's because they make money on asset forfeiture of drug dealers.
Patently false. There are many people who say smoking marijuana is wrong, not just one.
homeguru- you have no idea, i'm sorry to offend. I do NOT do any drugs, but marijuana is less harmful than alcohol.
If you don't do drugs, how do you know?

Cuz your Mom says so?

I always find it hilarious that many of the same people who rant and rave about cigarette smoking causing cancer are the same people who claim that marijuana smoking is totally harmless. As far as damaging your lungs, why is one form of smoke BAD, and the other GOOD?
Also, the people who made these laws smoke marijuana!!! HOllywood promotes it. EVery movie has a gratuitous pot scene. It's not fair.
More pointless ranting with absolutely NO basis in fact.

Besides... who ever said life was fair?

Son of Slam

turkeeegal said:
smoke marijuana!!! HOllywood promotes it. EVery movie has a gratuitous pot scene...

Top Ten Movies:

The Passion of the Pot

Higher than High Noon

It's a Wonderful Life with Pot

On the Waterpipe

The Marajuana Worker

Potocchio

A Gram for All Seasons

Some Like It, Pot

Thi-panic

Gungis of New York

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">