• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sold something to Canada on Ebay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Julie-WA

What is the name of your state? WA

I sold a ring on ebay to someone in Canada, they sent a check for the winning bid amount +shipping charges. Having trust and I guess being too gullible, I sent the item before even making sure the check cleared. Well, it did not. I got charged $15.00 for that. I do not need to hear how stupid it was to send stuff before the check cleared, however what I do need to hear is whether there is anything I can do about it now.

I contacted the buyer and she claims she never got her stuff in the mail, which is bs since I've sent lots of items there and yet have to lose one.

Any ideas? Thanks

HomeGuru

Julie-WA said:
What is the name of your state? WA

I sold a ring on ebay to someone in Canada, they sent a check for the winning bid amount +shipping charges. Having trust and I guess being too gullible, I sent the item before even making sure the check cleared. Well, it did not. I got charged $15.00 for that. I do not need to hear how stupid it was to send stuff before the check cleared, however what I do need to hear is whether there is anything I can do about it now.

I contacted the buyer and she claims she never got her stuff in the mail, which is bs since I've sent lots of items there and yet have to lose one.

Any ideas? Thanks
**A: Oh brother, not another eeeeeeeeebay post.

JETX

Julie-WA said:
what I do need to hear is whether there is anything I can do about it now.
Yes, there is. Got to the buyers home province in Canada and file a lawsuit against her. As for how, this forum is for Questions about U.S. law ONLY.

gjs8806

If you didnt use a confirmation to see if the package got there I would suggest doing that from now on. I would leave her negative feedback and hope that YOU learned a lesson. Never send items before the check clears, in fact just never accept checks for ebay purchases. and never send without a confirmation

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">