• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

After 2 years still no conviction

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jkglass

What is the name of your state? Missouri
2 years ago my step childs biomother was arrested and charged with 3 felonies involving a plan that the biomother had to set up my husband with sexual abuse. She digitally penetrated my step daughter before letting my husband have his first over night visit with his daughter. My step daughter complained of pain, and my husband took her to the ER. The biomother later signed a statement, and failed a lie detector test. My stepdaughter also told the CPS what her mother had done. The biomother was arrested a month after the investigation started, and bonded out of jail the same day. She pled innocent for 7 months, right before the jury trial was to begin she withdrew her plea and pled guilty. There was a Presentence Investigation, that recommended prison. Her attornies tried to get the judge to give her probation only. When the judge refused, she again withdrew her plea. Everytime there is a court date her attorney asks for a continuance and it is granted because the PA find the case a hassle since there was a change of venue. Her next trial date is Nov. 8. It is to be a jury trial again, I was just wondering how long can this be drug out legally. I understand that defendants have certain rights, but what about the rights of the victims, this has been a long and very drawn out ordeal that I hope will end soon.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">