• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

2 Tickets in 2 days for expired inspection stickers

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nascar911178

:confused: What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

I Have received 2 tickets in two days for expired inspection stickers. My inspection stickers just expired 7-31-04. The first ticket of $100 was given on 8-04-04 2nd 8-06-04(also for $100) My car is parked in front of my house,.... the insurance and tags are legal,..... I am 8 months pregnant and I am not working so it isn't easy getting out to get my car inspected,.... I had to get the funds together as you can imagine. I do have an appointment for Monday to get my car inspected,.... the shop was booked up until then or i would have done this previously. My question is do I have to pay 2 tickets for the same thing issued this close to the expiration date of my stickers,.... or is there a grace period I was told that you have 2 weeks from the time your car is registered to have your vehicle inspected.

Can I fight this ticket in court,.....? I was going to inspect my car last week but i was in the hospital (I am classified as a high risk pregnancy) and i had to put out money for the hospital visit,..... my car hasn't been driven since the inspection expired :eek: :mad:
To make matters worse there are cars on my street with older stickers than mine expired 12-03 and they don't get tickets but mine have only expired less than a week ago and they are on my case ,..... what can i do?

JETX

My question is do I have to pay 2 tickets for the same thing issued this close to the expiration date of my stickers,.... or is there a grace period I was told that you have 2 weeks from the time your car is registered to have your vehicle inspected.
I doubt that you will have to pay on both tickets as it is very likely the court will dismiss the second as it is was so closely issued to the first one.
Further, most courts will dismiss the inspection citation if you can present the court with proof that the vehicle has in fact been inspected. However, I would suggest you contact the court BEFORE the hearing date as to the possible dismissal upon proof of inspection.

JETX

Goner said:
Doubtful.. You'll likely have to pay.. my experience
here
And of course, 'Goners' post is completely different circumstances, in a completely different court, with a completely different judge and prosecutor.... and more than likely a different demeanor.

Go to the court and ask them to dismiss one if you pay the other.

Tickets For Expired Stickers

Jetx makes a good point on this. As i've posted previously, states have POST COMPLIANCE LAWS.

In other words, let's say you get cited for no insurance but by the time of your appearance in court, you have the insurance. Judges are known to dismiss the charge because now you're in COMPLIANCE. No BFD.

We need to understand that the courts don't really want to be bothered with this mess no more than you do. If ya got the insurance now, KOOL. That's all they want. For you to be a good little soldier. Kapische? And if you show up to court on time, i've seen the judge waive the court costs too. Yippee!

But what's that you say? What if you couldn't afford the insurance by the time of your appearance? Often times, the judge gives you a good ol CONTINUANCE. Show up with the insurance next month. No problem. Next Case! :p

"They say Lady Justice is blind but i do believe the old girl is peeking."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">