• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Long Term Disability Stopped

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

DizzyLady

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania I have been on long term disability for 4 months. Prior to that I was on short term disability for 12 weeks. My employment ended because I had exhaused all medical and personal leave of absence benefits due to me. I just received a letter that stated because of office notes that have been sent to the LTD company by my health care provider they will no longer be paying my claim. It's just been stopped. The information sent by my health care provider is not correct. I do have a right to appeal within 180 days. But I guess my question is how can I get my health care provider to correct their office notes after the fact? And if this cannot be rectified, would I be eligible for unemployment because I did not resign from my position but was forced to leave due to my health. There is no longer a position at that company for me. I have been off work for 7 months now. I do not feel I am ready to return to work because of my health but don't know what to do without any income. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Beth3

The information sent by my health care provider is not correct. So have you contacted your health care provided to discuss the incorrect information they sent? If in fact they simply made an error, they should be able to send the correct information to the LTD carrier accompanied by an explanation of the mistake they made. Asking the provider to correct their error certainly should be your first step in resolving the problem.

would I be eligible for unemployment because I did not resign from my position but was forced to leave due to my health. One of several minimum requirements to receive unemployment is that the claimant be available and physically capable of working. That doesn't seem to be the case here. You're free to apply but you can't claim to be "totally disabled" for purposes of receiving LTD and yet "available for work" for purposes of receiving unemployment. You'd be engaging in a fraud with at least one of the entities.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">