• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need some advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

follow_me

What is the name of your state? Idaho

I sold a guy something on Ebay for $3500.00. This guy lives in Germany. He asked me to put this item in Storage until end of June. He paid me for it and paid for storage in Oregon - Where I used to live.

I moved to Idaho in March. I thought this was a done deal. In July, I got a note from the storage that the rent was due. I called them and they told me that if I did not pay them, they would auction off the contents of the storage. Obviously the guy that paid for this did not pick it up.

I drove to Oregon and picked up the item.

I tried to contact this guy and got no replies. I needed money because the trip to pick up this item cost me $600 out of pocket and it put me behind on my bills. So, I relisted the item on Ebay and sold it. A week after selling this, I got a call from the guy and he wanted his item. I explained what happened and told him I did not have the money right now, but I would give him all of his money back, but he said he does not want the money, he wants the item. He said it was his and I had no right to sell it.

Now he wants to have a warrant issued for my arrest in Oregon. Once again I live in Idaho and just want to give the guy his money back as soon as I can.

What would you do in this situation. I am not a criminal and don't want a warrant for my arrest.

Thanks for your help...

gjs8806

okay first off he cant get an arrest for you if he lives in Germany. He is an idiot for allowing you to keep the item for a month in storage. If I was you I would say that is your problem and keep the money. But if you want to do the right thing I would just buy the same thing with the money you would use for a refund depending on what it is, if it electroncs you could make money becuase there value only goes down. If the item is a collectable it may be harder to find. But if you return his money he cannot sue or get a warrant for your arrest.

An experienced eBayer

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">