• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speedy Trial in a Expungement Filing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? IL

I was wondering if there is anything I can file to do to speed up the process of a Expungement filing. I had a felony aggravated battery case that was eventually dropped by the State. I then filed paperwork for my case to be expunged completely from my record. In Illinois, there is a 30 day waiting period after a expungement has been filed in order for others to object to it. I filed my expungement on April 7, 2004. It has been 122 days. I recently was pulled over by the police and it still shows up on my record. I called the court house and they said that the judge hasn't got to it yet. Is there anything I can do to make the judge speed up this expungment filing ?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">