• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please Help!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

alphaboy1985

What is the name of your state?
Mississippi

I was charged with poss. of cocain, over a year and a half ago. I havn't heard anything. They really didn't have a strong case concidering it wasn't mine and the circumstances. So i was wondering how long do i have to wait till i can concider this water under the bridge and how long do i have till my bond ends?

JETX

If you were CHARGED, then there isn't a statute of limitations. I would suggest you contact the prosecutor and ask for status or hire an attorney to do it for you.

W

waheath

Why is it so hard to FIND THIS ANSWER!!!

if you were arrested and a prosecutor hasnt picked it up how lond do they have to formally charge you???????????????????????//

JETX

waheath said:
Why is it so hard to FIND THIS ANSWER!!!
Its not. In fact I answered your question.

if you were arrested and a prosecutor hasnt picked it up how lond do they have to formally charge you???????????????????????//
Whoa there. That is completely different than your first question where you said "I was charged with poss. of cocain, over a year and a half ago." Now you are asking how long they have to CHARGE you!! Which is it??? Have you been charged or not??

A

alphaboy1985

I want to know what is taking the damn DA so long to call me to court...i think it sliped threw the cracks....it wasn't mine and it was such a small amont they wouldn't win a conviction...

A

alphaboy1985

Yes i was released on bond for it...But do they have a time frame in which they have to bring me to court...quick and speedy trial?

CdwJava

alphaboy1985 said:
I want to know what is taking the damn DA so long to call me to court...i think it sliped threw the cracks....it wasn't mine and it was such a small amont they wouldn't win a conviction...
Well, "Small" amount has nothing to do with it ... unless they are charging you for sales. Possession only requires a "usable" amount ... and what is "usable" varies by state and by court, but usually does not take a whole lot. I have seen as little as 8 grains of crystal meth. considered a "usable amount".

Carl

A

alphaboy1985

so in other words i am guilty till proven innocent...well they found the drugs in a family room in the apparment. Which was on lease to my cousin and my name wasn't on the lease. My finger prints arn't on the bag. And i was read my rights.

JETX

alphaboy1985 said:
Yes i was released on bond for it...
So, with that, we have FINALLY found out that you were charged, arrested and bonded out.

And with that, my previous post answers your question: "If you were CHARGED, then there isn't a statute of limitations. I would suggest you contact the prosecutor and ask for status or hire an attorney to do it for you."

CdwJava

alphaboy1985 said:
so in other words i am guilty till proven innocent...well they found the drugs in a family room in the apparment. Which was on lease to my cousin and my name wasn't on the lease. My finger prints arn't on the bag. And i was read my rights.
No. They still have to prove their case. All because they found the drugs and charged you does not mean they will be able to prove possession. But your name on the lease or prints on the baggie do not mean a whole lot with regards to possession.

Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">